About Me

My photo
Too eclectic for 1200 characters

Thursday, August 7, 2008

I am the girl...

This was originally from a private blog between me and AJ but this is what I wrote and isn't too personal and I think it can apply to lots of people, so I'm re-posting on here.

I am the girl...

Who has had to pack her life up countless times and leave her friend/family behind without looking back.

Who has been called cute or pretty on many occassions when all she wanted was for one person to say beautiful.

Who has done so many shitty things but been forgiven by those people and to this day still marvels at the amazing friends she has.

Who constantly forgets that the world doesn't revolve around her and demands unreasonable things from everyone.

Who has always been a bit quirky, a little unique and up until a year or two ago been afraid to show it.

Who believes that friends are those who should and would stand behind you and support you no matter what you are like, no matter what you do. At least true friends should.Who considers some of her friends as close as if not closer than family.

Who trips over flat ground and then cracks up laughing while her butt/face is still splat on the ground.

Who tries to get out of a relationship as soon as she is in it but is growing more sense as she ages.

Who believes TV dramas aren't as eventful as her life.

Who is too lazy to walk the three metres to the TV and will sit there for hours watching the same boring program.

Who cries more through movies than in real life.

Who doesn't like to make enemies but will be herself even if everyone else think she's insane.W

ho dislike people who are like herself because they make her a little less unique.

* * * * *

Anyway the point is, that although we may have similar views and thoughts about the world we differ in that I don't give half a shit about what people think about me either because I already have the certainty of people loving me for who I am or because I know that sooner or later I'll be leaving this place and those people that can't accept me for who I am will no longer factor into my life.It's difficult to really miss someone unless they've played a big part in your life, you don't let others into your life, like, really let them in and thus it's reasonable to not be missed. The difference between us is that I crave attention more than I fear what others think of me, you on the other hand keep that fear from making you stand out.You are the kid in the corner I've always wondered about, the one that stays quiet and keeps to themselves, the one that gets their work done and never causes much trouble; the one I've always wanted to go up to and say "hey, I'm Lisa, wanna have lunch with us?"

When I first started at Amity, it was a little difficult because the people here reacted to things differently. But soon enough I found people who could accept me and like me. I don't think that it's because I'm a particularly amiable person or anything, I just think there are people out there who anyone can relate to, that you can always find someone(s) who are willing to accept you for who you are and are happy to include you into their lives. You just have to be ready to show people who you are. How do you know that they wont like you?Sure I've gotten lost along the way but the people and places that have affected me enough are like little anchors or flares that show me where I can always head toward if I ever get lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment