Mum, Eddie and Monika have already left... and so now I'm dwindling away my summer without doing anything productive.
Yesterday was dad's birthday, I made him two two-tiered chocolate and strawberry cakes that said "Dad," (1st cake) "Happy Birthday" (2nd cake) in Chinese though. The stupid thing was the first time I was icing "dad" I put "grandpa" instead, I don't know if it was because the two characters are similar or because the 7th is also my grandpa's birthday.
Tomorrow's Eddie's birthday and I must admit I kinda miss the little bugger, he was interesting to have around. We could at least be bored together in the summer holidays.
To be honest I also miss mum... sure it's only been a few days but I miss the family feeling. The only part that I'm not too keen to re-live is the constant bickering and yelling that is ever so present when mum's around (not that it's entirely her fault, we all attribute and contribute equally to the scream-fest).
The icing on the cake was that they took the Wii... which includes taking guitar hero... thus I have no pointless gaming systems to occupy my time either -sigh-.
I thought Summer vacation was meant to be exciting?
SAT prep course starts this Saturday - kill me please. I *was* gonna go to Tristan's parent's wedding renewal on the 18th but dad being dad would not allow me to go to Boston and stay the night and an awesome hotel because of some guy's parent's re-wedding.
I honestly have nothing at all planned for these holidays... perhaps I should do some summer work? Can't be bothered yet.
I tried to be productive today. I started on a 20x24' canvas, it's of a girl/woman standing on a decrepit wood-plank wharf that leads out to a grey lake. The reference pic I got from dA... it's rather a gloomy and depressing painting but oh well, at least I'm doing something.
Then at around 7 I started making dinner... so because I wanted to be productive I made a nice big ensemble with lots of different things. But dad's not home yet and it's now 8:50.
So there's a 5-6 person dinner sitting on the table (covered just in case bugs decide to help themselves to it) and here I am typing this boring and pointless blog.
Will go upstairs where there is AC and my bed in a sec.
Peace, <3, and missing all
Lisa
About Me
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

...waitwaitwait whaaaaaaaaat you got a Wii???? zomg am I uber forgetfull and dumb or did you fail to mention such an important thing??? XD;;;
ReplyDeleteooh yey you must show us the WIPs :P
sigh I wouldn't mind swapping places with you, I'd rather be bored than slowly going insane from all this design crap I can't do x.X
..and which I should be working on right now so feh x.X
<3333333333
Lol yeah... well we don't have it anymore coz they took it back to CHINA D=... idk... tbh I prefer having stuff to do, keeping me busy means keeping me from thinking too much yanno.
ReplyDelete<3 I'll show u the WIP when it looks somewhat like a piece of work rather than random splotches of paint :p
Did you take a photo of the cake?
ReplyDeleteLol, ,was teasing DV this morning. Alex (from Shanghai) wrote somethingon a fan for sorcha and I could read more of it than tuna. It said "i want to f* u", love Alex.
Tunan only managed the characters for I and you.
You could try making preserves...they don't rely on your dad being home in time. I have a good recipe for pickled cherries if you like- I'm not sure when they're in season over there.
I actually made a lot of pickled vegies, kimchi, cabbage-y stuff and spicy sour things lol. But send me the cherry recipe!
ReplyDeleteUhh... where's Alex from? Chinese boys shouldn't be that forward :p